Tuesday 26 August 2008

This will be interesting

Finally! In response to those pesky getamac ads Microsoft will soon respond. From the news at WSJ, Microsoft will be hiring Jerry Seinfeld for the campaign. The campaign - a closely guarded secret until now and with a $300 million budget, will have Seinfeld and Gates appearing in the ads..Despite what realdan(formerly fakesteve) says on his blog about hiring a 54 year old semi-retired comedian,I think it is a great idea.True Seinfeld fans will notice that Jerry's room had a computer - presumably a Mac. Apple also released a one time "Think different" ad with a small tribute to Seinfeld.Clearly if Seinfeld were to endorse a brand it seems like it should be Apple. How then did Microsoft decide to hire Jerry Seinfeld?What seems to be a blunder according to many may be a brilliant move. I can see ads like this similar to the PC guy - mac guy ads like this

Gates : How are you Jerry? I see you are working on your computer.Busy eh?
Seinfeld : Busy ?Me?Haven't worked since 1998 :-) Well I am not actually working, just editing a movie
Gates: (sigh) On a mac?Guess I must really get going
Seinfeld:No, actually I switched to Vista after I just ran out of options to get new hardware on the Mac and guess what I can now use the Windows Movie Maker on Vista to make movies.
Gates:That must have been tough, for someone using a Mac for .. 20 years?
Seinfeld: hmm, actually no, contrary to what others said - come over, let me show you..Even a 54 old guy like me can get it to work easily

.....


I can see how this can get really interesting if done right..Can't wait to see the ads

blog comments powered by Disqus